Frequently Asked Service Questions
When will my driveway be poured?
Driveways are weather-dependent
- Too much rain/ moisture will delay driveways (can take up to 4-5 days for ground to dry out enough below surface to proceed)
- Driveways are only poured when the temperature is expected to stay warm for an extended period of time, this includes the overnight temperatures.
When will my Rough Grade be completed?
- Rough grades do not start until the driveways have been poured and have cured.
- Rough grades are not started until ALL frost is out of the ground.
- Rough grades are weather-dependent – rain delays up to 4-5 days.
- The City of Edmonton is responsible for inspecting and approving. Cameron Homes has NO control over the time it takes for city inspections.
I had a landscaping promotion - how do I coordinate my landscaping to be completed?
If you received a landscaping promotion with the purchase of your house, please note that once rough grade has passed, the landscaper will begin at his earliest convenience, it is YOUR responsibility to contact the designated landscaping contractor found on your “Landscaping Certificate” and arrange for anything other than standard requirements prior to commencing.
Why are my windows frosted up?
Humidity in the home can cause excess condensation as well as frost build-up on windows and doors which, if not controlled, can damage the casing and finishing around the window as well as the wall and floor below the window. There are a number of steps you, as a homeowner, can take to control the humidity in your home to minimize the effect it may have. Humidity control is a homeowner maintenance obligation and is not a warrantable item, nor is any of the damage caused by negligent homeowners in regards to humidity control. See HUMIDITY CONTROL in maintenance handout for more info.
Why is there frost in my garage?
You may notice frost buildup on the gas pipes, fittings, door handles or concrete inside your garage. This is an humidity issue as the water and heat coming off vehicles in the garage during the winter months will create a humid environment and the resulting water vapor will settle on the cooler surfaces – homeowners must brush off excess frost as this is a maintenance issue and not a warranty item.
Why is there water dripping from my bathroom fan?
This is caused by excess warm moisture trapped in the venting pipe that freezes in the cold attic space, once temperature warm up or you use the fan, etc., this melts and runs back down the exhaust pipe and drips out or around the ceiling fan. This is a good indication that you are not running your fans long enough during and after bathing or showering and that your humidity in the house may also be too high. The staining and damage caused by this is a homeowner maintenance issue and not warrantable.
Why does one room feel cooler than the other?
Homeowners should expect variations in room temperatures due to the orientation of the house, the amount and size of windows in a room, the draperies and furniture placement, the airflow (if doors are kept open or closed), and if the room is situated over an unheated area such as a garage.
My Hot Water Tank is not working!
- During winter months, please check the hot water tank exhaust vent on the outside of the house. Clean off any frost, snow, ice, or debris found on the vent cover and reset the HWT by pressing the reset button or by unplugging the unit.
- During the summer months, please check the exterior vent exhaust for leaves, dirt, dust, or debris and reset the unit by pressing the reset button or by unplugging the unit.
- If this does not work, look for the error code flashing on the unit and refer to your manual and contact Cameron Homes.
A few shingles blew off during a high wind or storm!
- Severe weather and wind gusts can exceed the design limitations of the shingles.
- Damage caused by an Act of Nature such as severe weather and wind gusts is not warrantable.
My toilet keeps clogging!
Low water flow toilets sometimes need extra flushing. You need to ensure you hold the handle down at least 3 seconds while flushing to keep the flapper open so water is allowed to pass through.
Cold air is coming through my door!
Weatherstripping may get damaged or squished over time and doors can shift due to normal house settlement, this not a warrantable item. You may need to replace the weatherstripping or adjust doors to stop air flow.
I have an emergency!
Please refer to our emergency contact list here